Community Action on Youth and Drugs
The aim of CAYAD is to develop community action initiatives that aim to reduce drug related harm in young people, as well as increasing community ownership and capacity to address this health issue.
CAYAD Otautahi is provided by St John of God Waipuna. We take pride in the special character of our agency, which is based on the key values of Manaakitanga (Hospitality), Aroha (Compassion), Whakaute (Respect), Tika (Justice) and Hiranga (Excellence). We believe in the value and uniqueness of each person who engages with our services.
- Working in partnership with community stakeholders and agencies to promote effective policies and practices to reduce harm associated with the use by young people of illicit and other drugs
- Increasing informed community discussion and debate on issues relating to drug use, and increasing community capacity to positively address these issues
- Promoting positive/whanau responses to substances threatening the wellbeing of young people, their families and communities
- Reducing supply of drugs to young people
- Developing local capacity in areas such as education, employment and recreation to support young people and provide them with better life opportunities.
Tel: (03) 386 2159
Interested in our services?
Leave your details below and we'll get back to you with more information.